I remember everyone doing this last year on Facebook, but everyone's stuff got snatched up so fast! So, I never did it, because I pretty much suck.
But, here we are, friends! The lovely Jess at Not your Average Joan of Archetypal Patterns is doing the Pay it Forward thingy, and, as I laid claim to a knitted cup cozy that I am super stoked for (I just need to figure out what colour I want it in, eee!), I am now required to offer up five crafty things that I will make for you, myself!
Pay it Forward 2011: I promise to send something handmade to the first 5 people who leave a comment. They must in turn post this and send something they made to the first 5 people who comment. The rules are that it must be handmade by you and it must be sent to your 5 people sometime in 2011. (What a great way to start 2011!!)
So, here are the five things for you to choose from that I am offering up:
1. A hand decorated picture frame, maybe painted, maybe decoupaged, but will actually be really nice, I promise! If you want it to have a theme (love, baby, etc) then let me know, and I'll get it worked out!
2. Hemp jewelry. I make hemp jewelry, and I do a nice job of it... don't judge me! I can make you a keychain, necklace, bracelet, anklet, whatevs. Just tell me the general measurements for what you want.
3. A picture I make, either sketched or painted, I'll decide in the moment. This one will be a surprise, mostly because I don't take direction well when it comes to art... as I learned in my art classes. You can give me a general idea of a theme or something, but if you tell me you want something specific, like a shark riding a unicorn while holding an umbrella, you might not get it... I'm a temperamental artist.
4. One of my black ink and paper tree drawings. I really like drawing trees, I'm not entirely sure why. I think it started in my Latin American History course in my second year of university.
5. Another accessory, of the non-hemp variety. Maybe a cluster necklace or a head band.
So... for some reason it was really hard to think of five things. Lame. Anyways, I promise that they will actually be really nice. I put a lot of time and effort into the things that I do, I swear!
Also, if anyone decides that they want a four foot by three foot art school painting of a chubby naked old man, you would be doing me a favour. Mostly because my parents are probably tired of me hiding it around the house in strange places to freak them out.
So, if you want to do the pay it forward thingy, claim one of my crafts, and then you have do to the crafty thing on your blog, too... or, if you're one of my readers that doesn't have a blog, don't despair, just post it on your Facebook or something!
Oh, and I'm waiting until I get back to Canada before I do this, I return on February 28... just because it's easier to be crafty in Canada. Unless you claim one of the drawings, in which case, I may very well do it in the time off that I have before I leave, and send it to you from Korea!
So, if you want to participate, stake your claim, and I'll get busy doing this.