Monday, July 16, 2012

my brain is swimming...

I've been trying to learn Korean, because I want to actually have a grasp on the language for when I make my return to Korea next September... and my head is swimming.  Why is learning a new language so difficult??

I do a few lessons each night, and then, on my lunch hour at work, I review the lessons, hoping to retain just a little more information.  This seems like it will be a lengthy process, but I don't want to quit!  I want to have a working knowledge of the language!

Hopefully it starts to all come together.

Right now, I'm using Talk to Me in Korean.  It's a really great website, and all of the lesson include audio and pdfs.  The narrators speak excellent English, and they speak slowly enough and repeat themselves often, so it makes it a little easier.  I'm going to work my way through the lessons on here, and then work my way through the Rosetta Stone lessons... I ordered them the other day.

I'm excited to be learning Korean, but part of me worries that I will just get frustrated and quit... I really hope not!

In different news, I've become tea obsessed lately!  Fiance and I went to this new store in West Edmonton Mall called Teavana, and it was like out own little slice of heaven!  I've been to David's Tea before, and bought a few things... but it wasn't until my trip to Teavana that I got all tea crazy.  I bought a few satchets of different types of teas, and and iced tea pitcher/steeper combo... and I just can't get enough!  Neither can Fiance.  He loves unsweetened iced tea, and I like mine a little sweeter, so I steep some tea in the pitcher (experimenting with different tea combinations, of course), put it in the fridge, let it cool, and VOILA!  Unsweetened iced tea for fiance, and all I have to do is add a packet of Splenda!

It really is the perfect weather for iced tea, read: too hot!  It's definitely a refreshing choice, and much healthier than all of those pre-made iced teas or iced tea mixes!

Well, I'm going to carry on with my Korean lessons!

Toodles, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave me some love <3