Friday, April 19, 2013

birth control...

So, yeah, I'm bringing you into the messy details of my life... deal with it!

I've been thinking about birth control A LOT lately... trying to figure out what's really my best option.

I had to stop taking the pill, because I get halo migraines.  The pill puts you at an increased risk for stroke, and halo migraines do, too... so the Dr suggested I stop taking the pill.

Now I'm left wondering what the hell I should do!

I've been looking into Mirena, a hormonal intrauterine device, and it seems like a really good option to me.  The stuff I've read notes a low occurrence rate of side effects, and it lasts for FIVE YEARS!  Plus, you don't have to do anything once it's in.  I was never good at remembering to take my pill.

Another option is the copper IUD... no hormones at all, and it's good for 10-15 years!

Decisions, decisions...

Welp, I have an appointment with my family Dr on Monday to discuss my options.  Hopefully she has some sage advice for me :)

I definitely want something that is low maintenance, and will last for a few years.  Getting birth control in Korea can be a worrisome experience.  The last thing you want is for the ladies in the pharmacy seeing you buying birth control near your school, and then gossip getting around to your school and the parents at your school.

Well, that's my little bit of mind ooze for the night.  Thanks for reading my rambling!

Toodles, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave me some love <3