Sunday, April 21, 2013

glymm...

I love monthly beauty boxes, and I used to be subscribed to almost all of them, but it's recently been cut down to just one, called Starlooks.

I say recently, because a box I had been a long time subscriber of recently jumped ship... with all of our money... and that box is Glymm.

It holds a pretty sore spot in my heart.

Glymm was my first beauty box subscription, and it was AMAZING when it first started.  There were full sized products galore, and even the deluxe samples were quite generous!  They even gave out jellybeans in a cute little glass jar with each box.

Things started to go downhill when they changed from putting everything in a box, to putting it all in makeup bags.  Don't get me wrong, I loved the little makeup bags, they were cute... but the size and quantity of the samples decreased, and we never got full sized products anymore.

Things got even worse when they started offing their "Polish me up" promo... the promise that you would get one full sized nail polish with each and every bag, if you paid for a year in advance...

This is where I admit that I got suckered in with the promise of an extra polish each month, and I subscribed for a full year, last September, to take advantage of this opportunity.

BIG MISTAKE.

Every month afterwards was a huge disappointment... samples I would never use, and they were mostly foil packets and minuscule samples, as opposed to the deluxe samples we used to get.

Girls got angry.

Yes we did.

Their Facebook wall was soon flooded with angry messages about why we were being screwed over, it was like punishment for subscribing to them for a year.

The boxes were supposed to be shipped by the tenth of every month, but, by the new year, they began to ship later and later, to the point where they weren't even shipping in the same month we were supposed to receive them in.

Then  March hit.  We kept waiting and waiting for our boxes, with Glymm occasionally telling us to just wait, and we would get them.  Then the communication stopped all together.

Rumors about bankruptcy started floating around, and attempts were made to get in contact with Glymm to get even the faintest glimmer of information...

Phone calls...

E-mails...

Facebook messages...

Writing on their Facebook wall...

A newspaper even went down to Glymm headquarters...

NOTHING!

The worst part was, they were still allowing people to make orders on their website, and they were still taking money from customers for the future months of the box.

And then, April 19th, we were hit with this e-mail:

"We have had an amazing time with you all along our journey to living a life more beautiful.

After sending you so many beautiful boxes, from jelly beans to lollipops, from lipstick to nail polish, we are sad to say that our journey with you has come to an end.

We have been unable to continue serving you as the company simply could not sustain itself. After lots of effort to continue to send you outstanding products and services, we have been left with no other choice but to close our beautiful company. We thank our dedicated and talented team and our valued members who have given us nothing but love along the way.

The whole Glymm team worked around the clock to continuously introduce you to the newest and latest in Beauty from all over the world.

Thank you for being part of a life more beautiful and we hope that you continue to find beauty in all that you see.

With love and sincerity,

The Glymm Team"

So, that was it... they were out of business... and I was out seven of the twelve months of my subscription.

Almost immediately afterwards, their Facebook page was taken down, their phone lines were severed, their webpage disappeared, their Twitter page was gone, and e-mails desperately sent to them in an attempt to get our money back were bounced back.

They disappeared off the face of the planet.

I called my credit card company, to see if the charge could be disputed, and they told me not to hold out to too much hope, since it's past the 90 day dispute policy.  So, I'm not too hopeful... I figure I'm definitely out the money for the seventh months of the subscription that I have left.

Most of all, I'm disappointed.  They kept us in the dark for so long, with no information, and then they just ripped the rug right out from under us, and left.

I'm hoping that the same doesn't happen with Starlooks, as I really enjoy receiving this box.  I'll post reviews of my next box on the good ol' blog, here :)

Well, that's all for now.  I hope none of my readers got screwed over by Glymm, too.

Toodles, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave me some love <3