Tuesday, April 9, 2013

meal planning...

I guess one of the benefits of being unemployed is that I can make dinner every night for fiance and I...

I used to hate cooking, but that's because I was cooking for myself.  Now that I'm cooking for myself AND Robyn, it's not so bad.  I like to switch things up and try new recipes every now and again.

Robyn takes me grocery shopping at the beginning of the week, and we buy everything we need to make meals throughout the week.  So, my big task is to figure out what we're going to be eating.

I made our grocery list and meal plans for the week this morning, and now I'm waiting for Robyn to get off work and meet me downstairs to take me to the grocery store.  Our meal plans for the week look like this:

Baked pasta with Italian sausage
Sweet and sour meatballs
Mini hamburger patties with mac and cheese and veggies
Beef stroganoff
Slowcooker pulled pork sandwiches
Seafood alfredo

I will admit that I'm going to cheat a bit and use a jar of pasta sauce for the baked pasta with Italian sausage... but to balance it out, i'm definitely making homemade alfredo sauce!

I kind of like planning out our weeks like this, it's a nice change from never knowing what to make.

On a completely unrelated note, I've been trying to transfer all of my photos from Instagram over to Facebook.  I have been unable to find a way to just download copies of the photos, so I've been print screening each one, cropping it in MS Paint, and saving it as a jpeg from there.  it's time consuming when you have like 550 photos to go through.  This wouldn't be necessary if I hadn't accidentally deleted all of my photos off of my phone in the first place, but, here we are, print screening and cropping.  Oi.  I've decided to download Picasa, too, to keep all of my photos in one place.  Expect an Instagram favorite photos post in the future!

Toodles, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave me some love <3