Thursday, May 16, 2013

day 15: a day in the life

Day 15, Wednesday: A Day in the life (include photos from throughout your typical day - this could be "a photo an hour" if you'd like).

So, this is clearly a day late... hahaha.  With good reason!  A day in my life, lately, has been really boring.  I'm unemployed... so, my day is occupied with a lot of random, boring crap.  However!  As luck would have it, yesterday was a really busy day with wedding stuff, so I figured I would document THAT, because it was actually a pretty fun day!

Without further ado, a day in the life of someone finishing their wedding preparations!

I woke up at 10, and Robyn had stayed home from work (because he is still sick), so, after taking a shower, I asked him if he wanted to come to the mall with me, and keep me company while I got all the crap done that I needed to do.  And, because he is the sweetest dude ever, he totally agreed :)

My mom had sent my sister to the mall on a mission to pick up a guest book and a cake knife and serving set for us, so her and Robyn decided that they would do that while I did my girly prep stuff.  Bonding time!

First, I went and got my eyebrows waxed!  Hallelujah!  They FINALLY look nice, again!

 After this, I walked across the mall to Studio Nails, and got some nice gel nails put on, since my natural nails are all shitty and broken, and I want nice nails for the wedding!


I've never had this type of gel nail put on before, and, I gotta say... IT FUCKING HURT!  Ugh, when they put the gel crap on, and you stick your hand under that UV light, and it bakes the nail on... ohmygod... so much burning.  I had to take my nails out and put them back in a few times before I could sit through it.  Cheese and rice!

I forgot to snatch a picture of the cake knife and server set... they're really pretty, though!  I'll take a photo of them at the wedding :)  They're getting engraved with our initials right now!

We also got our guest book, from Papyrus.  I LOVE that store!  I'll take a picture of it at the wedding, too.

Next, we went for lunch.  I had mall Chinese food... yum :)

Robyn and I went home for a little bit, and then we went to meet my mom and my sister's family in Fort Saskatchewan, at Tim Hortons, for my "last mother/daughters coffee as a Smith gal."















The rest of the night was filled with completing wedding preparations.  I finished putting together the origami flowers and making the name plates with them, Robyn put together the favours, and we finished setting up the centerpieces for the tables.








Also, there was Merlin.







I only have a few things left to finish prepping for the wedding... mostly just downloading the music for the reception... I can't believe Saturday is coming up so soon!



Don't forget to enter my totally awesome 10 000 page views giveaway!  It will be awesome!  I will draw for the winner on June 10th!

Toodles, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave me some love <3