Wednesday, May 8, 2013

day eight: never give up...

Day 8, Wednesday: A piece of advice you have for others. Anything at all.

My biggest piece of advice is to never give up.  Or, as Disney so aptly put it: just keep swimming!

There have been many times where I have felt like giving up, like things weren't worth it anymore, but I kept going and I never gave up on myself, and I'm grateful for that.

Okay, well, maybe I gave up on my education degree... but I'm grateful for that, too :P

My biggest example that I can think of where I didn't give up is probably when it came to relationships.  After Rick, I probably could have become hardened and jaded, and I could have given up on relationships altogether.  Trust me, it crossed my mind more than once.  However, I knew what I wanted in life... I knew I wanted a relationship and a family (wayyyy in the future for that), so I knew I couldn't just give up on finding that for myself.  And then I found Robyn!

I feel like life prepares you for the good things, by testing you with difficult things to make sure you're ready, and that you will appreciate them.  You just need to push through the things that are hard to find the awesome in life.  Nobody has life easy, no matter how much they try to convince you that they do, or no matter how easy they make it look, everyone goes through rough patches.  You just gotta keep swimming.


Also, I love all you crazy kids!  I know that's not advice, but I really do!  Seeing comments from you all just brightens my day :)


Toodles, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave me some love <3